The Office of Drug & Alcohol Policy & Compliance (ODAPC) recently issued a new final rule stating that beginning on Monday, August 31, 2009, all Federally-mandated return-to-duty and follow-up drug test collections must be directly observed. When this final rule goes into effect, conducting all follow-up and return-to-duty testing using directly observed collections will be a requirement of Federal law. Please click here to review a copy of the final rule on the DOT site.
The DOT will post updated versions of the following documents on their website on August 31, 2009.
- What Employees Need to Know About DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing
- What Employers Need to Know About DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing
- DOT’s Direct Observation Procedures Poster
- Urine Specimen Collection Guidelines
- The Substance Abuse Professionals Guidelines
- Drug and Alcohol Testing Rule [49 CFR Part 40]
If you are a Federally-mandated drug testing customer and you have any questions about this change, ask your Employer Solutions sales representative or call our National Customer Support Center at 800-877-7484.
For more information about drug testing, visit our website.