Two experts from Quest Diagnostics presented a webinar about the advantages and limitations of instant drug testing solutions. Dr. Barry Sample, Director of Science and Technology, and Matt Resch, Product Manager, discussed scientific data, national trends in drug use, legal considerations and best practices to help you make more informed decisions regarding your workplace drug testing program.
Here are a few key points from the presentation:
- Consult an attorney before using instant, or rapid, drug testing services. Some states do not permit instant drug testing or may have specific requirements or limitations.
- Write a clear drug testing policy and choose solutions based upon your organization’s unique needs and reasons for drug testing.
- Always choose an instant drug testing device with FDA 510(k) clearance.
- Urine testing is a proven and widely accepted method for drug testing.
- Understand the cut-off levels for each drug test type – instant, urine, oral fluid and hair. Data indicates a significant difference in marijuana detection when comparing instant and lab-based oral fluid drug testing.
- Follow a consistent drug test collection protocol to help minimize the potential for adulteration or substitution. We offer free online drug testing specimen collection training to help increase your aptitude.
- Research new drug testing options that may work for your organization. We offer Express Results™ Online, an instant, urine drug testing solution that screens for up to 11 drugs. Download our Express Results Online case study to hear from clients how this solution delivers fast, dependable results.
Our goal is to provide you with the information you need to design or modify your workplace drug testing program.
Watch a recording of this webinar or other webinars presented by Quest Diagnostics.
Download our case study to hear from clients how this solution delivers fast, dependable results.