Businesses that drug test their applicants and employees do so to minimize their exposure to the risks of employee drug use. While all drug test specimen types – urine, oral fluid and hair – have their advantages, urine drug testing is by far the most flexible and customizable. With hundreds of different combinations of detectable drugs, test codes and cutoff levels, there’s a urine testing panel for almost any reason for testing. Other advantages of urine drug testing include:
- The ability to detect recent drug use
- Fast, consistent result turnaround times from the laboratory
- It’s a proven methodology – with millions of tests performed each year
- Drug test collections are performed at almost every collection site
- It is the only specimen type approved for U.S. Department of Transportation testing, which has helped to evangelize its status as the tried and true ‘gold standard’ of workplace drug testing.