As a leading drug testing laboratory, we want employers to feel confident about their drug test results because these results often directly impact workplace safety, productivity, and an individual’s livelihood. Therefore, we are dedicated to achieving an exceptional level of quality throughout the entire drug testing process from specimen collection to the final drug test result. Our focus falls into several key areas:
- We measure precision in screening and confirmation testing, turnaround times, and problem resolution to ensure every result that our laboratories report is accurate and timely. Furthermore, our four drug testing laboratories are Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) certified to perform regulated drug testing as well as College of American Pathologists (CAP) forensic drug testing (FDT) accredited.
- We continually monitor and audit our nationwide network of more than 8,000 collection sites. Our collector training schedule exceeds the requirements established by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) because we want to ensure every one of our professional collectors are knowledgeable, skilled, and up-to-date.
- We track the logistics and speed of our company-employed couriers, commercial delivery services, and private and commercial flights that transport drug testing specimens from the collection site to the laboratory for testing because turnaround times are always a priority.
- We examine workplace drug testing trends and publish our analysis in the Quest Diagnostics Drug Testing Index™. This empowers our scientific experts to prioritize innovation and develop drug tests that keep pace with the most commonly-abused substances.
- Our IT team continually monitors system performance, results delivery, security, and code integrity in the technology solutions we use to simplify the drug testing process
At Quest Diagnostics, we work to achieve near perfect standards of quality. For example, our negative turnaround time (from lab log-in to result release) for a urine drug test is consistently faster than the industry standard and our fatal flaw rate for collections quality regularly approaches zero.
We understand that quality matters to our clients and that it is a key factor that sets us apart from other providers. Our We’re there when you need us™ philosophy weaves quality into everything we do. We pledge to help keep workplaces drug-free by offering high quality, reliable drug testing solutions.
For more information about drug testing, visit our website or contact us online.
Implementing an effective drug testing program can sometimes prove to be challenging. Because laboratory-based urine drug testing is the most widely used testing method, it leads some employers to believe it’s the safest bet. At Quest Diagnostics, we are committed to offering a comprehensive selection of workplace drug testing solutions which include oral fluid and hair testing to meet the needs of clients from different industries and geographies.
With that in mind, oral fluid is emerging as a popular alternative to urine. Like urine, oral fluid testing detects recent drug use and may also identify very recent usage that may not be captured by urine testing. While oral fluid has a slightly shorter window of detection (depending on the drug/metabolite and usage patterns), the overall positivity rate, based on recent Quest Diagnostics Drug Testing Index™ data, demonstrates a higher positivity for almost all drugs and more than twice the positivity for marijuana. In 2011, our scientific experts launched a new a FDA-cleared collection and testing system utilizing our patented technology in the Oral-Eze® Oral Fluid Collection System that we use exclusively for oral fluid drug testing. It’s worth noting that oral fluid is also being considered for federally-regulated drug testing. Last year, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) published proposed Oral Fluid Mandatory Guidelines in the Federal Register, a first step towards permitting the use of oral fluid specimens for Federal drug testing.
Here are some of the advantages of using Oral-Eze for oral fluid drug testing:
- Oral fluid is regarded as reliable for detecting recent drug use.
- A collection is simple to perform and can be conducted at a place of employment. Most oral fluid collections take less than five minutes.
- Because an oral fluid collection is observed, it helps to reduce the opportunity for a donor to alter or tamper with their drug test specimen.
- The Oral-Eze sample adequacy window helps test administrators know when they have collected a sufficient amount of oral fluid.
- Our laboratory tests a variety of drugs in oral fluid including amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana (THC), methamphetamines, opiates, and phencyclidine (PCP).
- Specimen validity testing is performed on every Oral-Eze specimen received in our laboratory to verify that the sample is human saliva.
- Testing is performed within a few hours of the specimen arriving at the lab. Negative screening results are typically reporting back to clients the same day.
- Data from the Quest Diagnostics Drug Testing Index™ shows that Oral-Eze is very effective at detecting marijuana, the most commonly abused illicit drug.
Oral fluid testing features unique advantages such as excellent detection of recent drug use, the flexibility of performing observed collections on-site, and fast result turnaround times. It can be performed throughout the country with the exception of a few states. Check our guide to see where it is permitted.
To learn more about the Oral-Eze, download our white paper, visit Oral-Eze.com, or contact us online.